What To Consider when Packing
- Invest in a well insulated bag or cooler to keep your food nice and fresh throughout your beach day.
- If you're huring for space, freeze your drinks or some grapes instead of purchasing ice to keek your food cool
- Pack an umbrella, tent or some type of canopy to keep your Chilly Bin or Cool Bag out of the sun.
- Pack your food and snacks in containers to keep your food from getting crushed.
- Resealable sandwich bags are another great choice that doubles as a sleeve for your food to keep your hands clean.
- Sprinkle baby powder on your hands before you eat to help shake off the sand.
Savoury Food Ideas
- Wraps, Sandwiches, Pita Pockets - all individual wrapped including the serviette.
- Handheld food is always a good option - vegetable sticks and fried chicken tenders
- Individual pies - bacon and egg, frittatas, steak and cheese - get creative and use muffin tins to bake so you don't have to worry about cutting it up.
- Boiled Eggs
Portable Beach Foods
- Salad Jars - whether it's pasta, garden, greek, quiona, roasted - so many salad options these days, stack nicely in a jar.
- Meal on a stick - meat and vegetable kebabs or even try sweet options with fruit and marshmallows with a drizzle of chocolate - yummo
- Home Baking - always a winner - muffins, biscuits or bars - limit the sticky stuff.
- Mix Salty and Sweet Treats - think nuts, chocolate, dried fruit etc.
- Bake a Smoothie in an Insulated Thermos or water bottle.
- Bags of Chips
- Corn Chips with store bought salsa and avocado
- Museli Bars
- Yoghurt Suckies - freeze them the night before so they stay nice and cold
- Bier Sticks and salamis
- Cherry Tomatos
- Crackers and Hummous or dip of choice
- Chicken Nibbles from the Deli
- Grab some pizzas on the way