The boatramp is suitable for launching with out a tractor about 3 hrs either side of the tide. Otherwise, a tractor is recommended.
To keep the bay and beach a safe area for children and adults, we encourage everyone to be mindful when using these public spaces.
- Please be careful when using vehicles on the beach (eg: no hooning).
- Patience on the boat ramp, especially during the busy times.
- Keep your speed under 5 knots until you have passed the yellow 5kt buoy.
- No swimming around the ramp where boats are being launched.
- Ski lanes are for access only to the offshore 200 meter mark and skiers should not ski across or in the lane unless going out or coming in.
- Ski boats should go out on starboard and return on starboard ie the lane operates anticlockwise from the beach.
- Towing boats have right of way – so boats waiting to depart should give way to a boat coming in to drop off their skier .
- Access lanes for water skiing are marked by orange and black posts on shore and/or orange and black buoys.
- Use these access lanes when departing or approaching the beach if your vessel is travelling at more than 5 knots.
Important water skiing rules:
- You must observe the 5 knot speed rule at all times unless towing.
- All ski boat drivers must be over 15 years of age.
- Any vessel towing a water-skier must have on board an observer in addition to the driver.