This reserve is 0.3771 hectares in size and is located between Carlton Street and Centennial Avenue. It can be access through accessways located on both of these streets, in the north eastern area of Te Aroha. The reserve is bounded to the north, south, east and west by residential property.
The reserve consists of a large flat grassed area and features a small playground, an area of native trees and shrubs and a picnic area.
The Operative District Plan identifies the site as a Reserve in the Residential Zone.
In 1960 Carlton Street Reserve was vested in Te Aroha Borough Council as a recreation reserve under the Municipal Corporations Act 1954, then in 1977 it was automatically classified under the Reserves Act.